Luncheon Meat SushiAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 cups (680g) Rice, regular, cooked
- 2 tsps. (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 sheets (4g) Nori (Seaweed sheets)
- 1/2 cup (70g) Cucumber, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (161g) Luncheon meat, low sodium, sliced
- 5 Tbsps. (75g) Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (100ml) Soy sauce, light
- 1/2 cup (120g) Sugar, refined, white
- 1/4 tsp. (1g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- SEASON. In a bowl, combine cooked rice and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Mix well.
- ASSEMBLE & ROLL. Lay nori on a clean surface or bamboo sushi mat. Spread sushi rice on the Nori sheet leaving 1″ for sealing. Add cucumber, luncheon meat and mayonnaise. Roll tightly. Set aside.
- MIX. To make the dip, combine soy sauce, sugar, and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning in a bowl. Stir well until dissolved.
- SLICE & SERVE. Slice each roll into 8 equal pieces. Serve with soy sauce dip.
You can steam or pan fry your luncheon meat for a tastier filling.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
To enjoy healthier version of luncheon meat, you can opt to use “lite” luncheon meat which has 33% less calories, with 50% less fat compared to the original luncheon meat. (USDA)