Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara SauceCRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs
- 1 cup (225g) Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (337g) Mozarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup (50g) Kangkong leaves, blanched
- 1 pack (50g) CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs
- 2 cups (500ml) Oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250ml) Bolognese sauce
- 1/2 cup (80g) Quickmelt cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. (1g) Pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. (1.2g) Chili flakes
- 1 tsp. (2g) Oregano, dried
- 1 tsp. (3g) Parsley, chopped (optional)
- BLEND & FREEZE. Using a food processor, blend cream cheese, mozzarella and kangkong leaves together. Place on a rectangular container and freeze for about 1 hour.
- COAT. Cut the blocks of frozen mozzarella into 1/2 inch sticks and coat with CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil and deep-fry coated mozzarella sticks until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. To prepare the sauce, heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic until caramelized. Add bolognese sauce, quickmelt cheese, pepper, chili flakes and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer mozzarella sticks on a plate then serve with creamy bolognese sauce. Optional to garnish with parsley.
Place the mozzarella sticks in an airtight container and make sure to freeze them for at least one hour before frying, otherwise the cheese will likely ooze out of the shell.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 60 minutes Servings: 12 Serving size: 2 pcs. mozzarella sticks, 3 Tbsps. Sauce
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Cheese is a great source of Calcium that is essential in maintaining bone strength.