Pinaputok na TilapiaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 pcs. (800g) Tilapia, gutted and cleaned
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5g) Table salt
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 cups (200g) Onion, chopped
- 1 cup (200g) Tomato, chopped
- 4 Tbsps. (40g) Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Ginger, minced
- 3 pcs. (210g) Banana leaves, cut into rectangles, enough to wrap the fish
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- SEASON. Place tilapia on a plate. Rub salt and AJI-NO-MOTO® evenly onto the skin. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- MIX & STUFF. In a bowl, combine onion, tomato, garlic, and ginger. Mix well. Stuff the tilapia belly with this mixture.
- WRAP & FRY. Wrap tilapia with the banana leaf. Secure with a toothpick. In a pan, heat oil. Fry tilapia for 5 minutes each on both sides.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy.
Wrapping the stuffed fish in banana leaves will prevent it from sticking to the pan during frying. The banana leaves also adds an appetizing aroma to the fish.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 6 Serving size: 1/2 pc. (179.3g) Pinaputok na Tilapia
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
*with rice and fruit
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
"Meal Serving Idea: 1/2 pc. Pinaputok na Tilapia, 1 1/2 cups boiled rice, 1/2 cup boiled okra, 1 pc. Chico Tilapia is a good source of phosphorus which is important for bone health."