Pork and Beans Lettuce Cup RecipeAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil, cooking
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Onion, red, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 2 cans (780g) Pork and Beans, canned
- 1/2 cup (90g) Tomatoes, small cubes
- 1/4 tsp. (1g) Curry, powder
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbsp. (18ml) Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup (68g) Mayonnaise, real
- 1/4 cup (45 grams) Carrots, thin strips
- 2 cups (120 grams) Lettuce, Iceberg, washed
- SAUTÉ & SIMMER. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Pork and beans, tomatoes, curry powder, and AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix. Simmer until sauce is reduced. Set aside.
- MIX. In a small bowl, combine hot sauce and mayonnaise. Mix well then set aside.
- SERVE. Arrange lettuce leaves on a plate. Top with pork and beans mixture and carrots. Drizzle with mayo-hot sauce dressing. Serve and enjoy.
Do not over cook the beans so as to avoid “paste-looking ” mixture.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Although low in fiber, lettuce is high in minerals, such as calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium. It’s naturally low in sodium. Plus, lettuce is packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate. (USDA)