Pork BarbecueAJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 1 kilo (1000g) Pork pigue, sliced thinly into squares
- 1/2 pack (9g) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Water
- 1 tsp. (3g) Baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60g) Banana catsup
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1 cup (200g) Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Vinegar
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Water
- 2 tsps. (6g) Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. (5g) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- SEASON. In a bowl, combine pork and AJI-SHIO® Garlic. Massage the meat for 2 minutes.
- MIX & MARINATE. In a separate bowl, combine water, baking soda, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and banana catsup. Mix well then pour onto the pork. Marinate overnight or at least 2 hours. Set aside.
- SIMMER. To prepare the barbecue sauce, add water and sugar (do not mix) then simmer until sugar is melted. Add soy sauce then vinegar. Bring to a boil then add slurry. Mix until thickened. Add AJI-SHIO® Garlic then mix. Set aside.
- THREAD & GRILL. Thread 4 sliced of meat into skewers and grill for about 3-5 minutes on each side. Brush barbecue sauce onto the skewers just before removing from the heat.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Brush with more barbecue sauce to avoid it from drying. Serve and enjoy!
For basting, add 2 tablespoons of oil into ¼ cup barbecue sauce and brush while grilling when almost done.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 2 hours and 10 minutes minutes Servings: 15 Serving size: 2 sticks
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork is a good source of Vitamin B1 which promotes good appetite and normal digestion.