Bok Choy in Garlic and Oyster SauceSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 3 Tbsps. (45 g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25 ml) Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Water, cold
- 3 Tbsps. (45 ml) Cooking Oil
- 2 tsps. (10 g) Onion, chopped
- 2 tsps. (10 g) Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 kilo (500 g) Bok Choy
- 1/4 tsp. (1.3 g) Salt
- 1/8 tsp. (0.3 g) Pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 g) Garlic (for garnishing)
- COMBINE. In a bowl, combine the oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and water. Stir and set aside.
- STIR FRY and SIMMER. In a pan, heat oil and stir fry onion and garlic until fragrant. Pour the SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce mixture in the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- SIMMER. Add the bok choy and simmer until the sauce reduces to half.
- SEASON. Add salt and ground black pepper. Stir and simmer for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter, top with toasted garlic, serve and enjoy.
The secret to a nice stir-fried bok choy is cooking the stems first before adding the tender greens. You can also combine it with other meats, carbs and vegetables to create a one-pan meal.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Bok choy is full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients and like other dark, leafy greens, it’s full of antioxidants and other compounds that help to promote better health.