Pork HumbaAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1 kilo (1000g) Pork belly, sliced into chunks
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Soy sauce
- 2/3 cup (160ml) Vinegar
- 1 cup (200g) Brown sugar
- 6 pcs. (6g) Bay leaf, crushed
- 1 tsp. (2.3g) Black peppercorns, whole
- 1 pc. (2g) Star anise
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup (60g) Black beans, cooked, unsalted (optional)
- 2/3 cup (50g) Banana blossom, sliced
- 3 pcs. (150g) Hard-boiled egg, sliced into half (optional)
- SEAR. In a pot, heat oil. Add pork belly and sear until fat is rendered.
- SIMMER. Add water and soy sauce then simmer until meat is tender. Add vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- SEASON. Add brown sugar, bay leaf, peppercorns, star anise, and AJI-GINISA®. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add black beans (optional) and banana blossoms then simmer for 5 minutes or until saucy consistency is achieved.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with hard-boiled egg (optional). Serve while hot.
You may add cornstarch mixture (1 Tbsp. cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. water) to slightly thicken the sauce.
Cooking Time: 50 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 3/4 cup (153g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork is rich in Protein which is responsible for building and repairing muscles and tissues.