Pork MenudoAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Cooking oil
- 2 cups (400 g) Pork kasim, menudo cut
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Pork liver, menudo cut
- 2 Tbsps (30 ml) Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Salt
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Potato, wedged
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Carrots, wedged
- 1 pack (11 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (200 ml) Tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (60 g) Red bell pepper, strips
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Black pepper, ground
- Sear. In a pan, heat oil. Sear pork and liver.
- Simmer. Add soy sauce, salt, potatoes, carrots, and water. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Season. Sprinkle with AJI-NO-MOTO®, mix well.
- Simmer. Add tomato sauce, bell pepper, and pepper. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve. Transfer into a serving plate or container. Serve and enjoy.
In cooking tomato based products, remember to use low heat in simmering to bring out the natural sweetness of the tomatoes and to avoid overly sour sauce.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
High-quality Protein is the main nutritional component of pork, making it useful for muscle growth and maintenance.