Pork NilagaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 cups (1,250 ml) Water
- 1/2 kilo (500 g) Pork picnic, cut into serving size
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Onion, quartered
- 1 cup (70 g) Potato, quartered
- 1 teaspoon (2.5 g) Peppercorn
- 1/2 pack (5.5 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 cups (100 g) Pechay Tagalog, chopped
- 1 stalk (20 g) Onion leeks, sliced
- 5 teaspoons (25 ml) Fish sauce
- Boil. In a pot, add water and pork. Cook until tender. Add onion and potatoes.
- Season. Add peppercorn and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well. Lower the fire.
- Simmer. Add pechay and onion leeks. Cook for a minute. Add fish sauce to taste.
- Serve. Serve and Enjoy.
If Nilaga is salty, put some more potato chunks in the pot. Let it simmer there for 15 minutes and remove them before serving. The potatoes’ purpose here is to act as a “sponge” to sip the excess saltiness in your Pork Nilaga’s soup.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork is rich in Protein which is responsible for building and repairing muscles and tissues.