Salt & Pepper Tofu RecipeAJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup (90g) Cornstarch
- 3 cups (600g) Tofu firm, diced
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) Cooking oil
- 1/8 cup (15g) Red bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 cup (15g) Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pc. (1g) Chili, diced
- 1/4 cup (25g) Onion, red, diced
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Spring onions, minced
- 1 tsp. (5g) Ginger, minced
- To taste AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- COAT. On a plate, fully coat tofu with cornstarch. Set aside.
- FRY. On a deep pan, pour oil and heat until it reaches 350°F. Fry tofu until golden brown then set aside.
- SAUTÉ. On another pan, get 1 tablespoon of oil from the frying oil and sautè red bell pepper, green bell pepper, chili, onion, spring onion, and ginger. Then, combine well with tofu on a plate.
- SEASON . Add AJI-SHIO ® Pepper Seasoning Mix, mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve and enjoy.
Season the tofu with AJI-SHIO ® Pepper Seasoning Mix while the tofu is still hot, so that it will absorb the seasoning better.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu provides an excellent source of protein, vitamins and minerals — without the saturated fat found in meat.