Salt & Pepper Tofu RecipeAJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup (90g) Cornstarch
- 3 cups (600g) Tofu firm, diced
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) Cooking oil
- 1/8 cup (15g) Red bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 cup (15g) Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pc. (1g) Chili, diced
- 1/4 cup (25g) Onion, red, diced
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Spring onions, minced
- 1 tsp. (5g) Ginger, minced
- To taste AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- COAT. On a plate, fully coat tofu with cornstarch. Set aside.
- FRY. On a deep pan, pour oil and heat until it reaches 350°F. Fry tofu until golden brown then set aside.
- SAUTÉ. On another pan, get 1 tablespoon of oil from the frying oil and sautè red bell pepper, green bell pepper, chili, onion, spring onion, and ginger. Then, combine well with tofu on a plate.
- SEASON . Add AJI-SHIO ® Pepper Seasoning Mix, mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve and enjoy.
Season the tofu with AJI-SHIO ® Pepper Seasoning Mix while the tofu is still hot, so that it will absorb the seasoning better.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1/2 cup(110 grams)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu provides an excellent source of protein, vitamins and minerals — without the saturated fat found in meat.