Sauteed Bok Choy and MushroomsAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Vegetable oil
- 2Tbsps. (30g) Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Ginger, peeled and minced
- 14kilo (250g) Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2kilo (500g) Bok choy, well-cleaned, leaves separated
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. (0.4g) Pepper, black, ground
- 1pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Sesame seeds,toasted
- SAUTE. In a pot heat the cooking oil. .Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger. Add button mushrooms and bok choy.Cook for at least five (5) minutes or until wilted.
- BOIL and SIMMER. Add water, soy sauce and sugar, mix well then boil. Adjust heat and simmer the ingredients.
- SEASON. Add pepper and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Mix well and cook for another minute. Add sesame oil.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate. Top with toasted sesame seeds and serve while hot.
When shopping for bok choy, avoid any pieces that have brown spots appearing on them.It means that vegetables are no longer fresh.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 39% Original seasoning/condiment: 1 1/2 tsps. (7.5g) Salt. Bok choy contains vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene that help protect cells against damage by free radicals.