Savory Chicken NuggetsAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken breast, ground
- 1 cup (250g) Tokwa, mashed
- 1/2 cup (100g) Carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup (100g) Celery stalk, grated
- 1/2 cup (100g) Mushroom, chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) Red onion, minced
- 1 pc. (50g) Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup (25g) Spring onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (36g) All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) Sesame oil
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt, iodized
- 1/2 tsp. (1.2g) Ground black pepper
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (150g) All-purpose flour
- 3 pcs. (150g) Egg, beaten
- 2 cups (200g) Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. (9g) Parsley, fresh (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Barbecue sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60g) Mayonnaise dip (optional)
- MIX. To prepare savory chicken mixture, combine chicken breast, tokwa, carrot, celery, mushroom, onion, egg, spring onion, soy sauce, flour, sesame oil, salt, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well until combined.
- MOLD & COAT. Take 2 Tbsps. of the mixture then form into nuggets. Coat each nugget in flour, then dip in beaten egg, then lastly coat in breadcrumbs.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Deep-fry each nugget until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Optional to garnish with parsley and serve with barbecue sauce and mayo dip.
When frying, do not overcrowd the pan. Carefully add the food, leaving lots of space around each piece so the food will cook evenly.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both chicken breast and tofu are good sources of Protein to help build muscle mass.