Steamed Silken TofuSarsaya® Oyster Sauce
- 1 block (400g) Tofu, silk, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Water
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 1 pack (30g) Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp. (5g) Sugar, brown
- 2 tsps. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. (1g) Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. (5g) Leeks, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5g) Chili flakes
- STEAM. In a heat proof serving plate, put sliced tofu and steam for 5 minutes.
- COMBINE & SIMMER. In a pot, combine water, soy sauce, Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Once sauce has cooled down, add sesame seeds, and mix well.
- POUR. Pour the sauce all over the steamed tofu.
- SERVE. Optional to sprinkle with leeks and chili flakes on top. Serve and enjoy!
If you don't have a steamer, you can use a pot with cover. Just make sure that the plate is tall so that the tofu will not be soaked in water while steaming.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 2 slices tofu + 1 Tbsp. sauce (94g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu has Phosphorous which helps in filtering and removing waste from the kidneys.