Beef BulaloAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 8 cups (2 L) Water
- 1 kilo (1,000 g) Beef shank, serving size
- 1 cup (130 g) Onion, quartered
- 3 cobs (616 g) Sweet corn, cut into 9 pieces
- 2 cups (180 g) Potatoes, wedged
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. (1.25 g) Peppercorn
- 1 pack (10 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 head (250 g) Cabbage, core removed, quartered
- 2 cups (100 g) Broccoli, florets
- Boil. In a pressure cooker, add water and beef. Tightly seal the pressure cooker and cook for 30 minutes. Be careful to let the steam out first before opening the lid. Add the onion, sweet corn and potatoes. Boil until corn and potatoes are half-tender.
- Season. Add fish sauce, peppercorn and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- Simmer. Add cabbage and broccoli. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve. Transfer to a bowl and serve while hot.
If pressure cooker is not available, cook the meat at simmering temperature only until meat is tender. High temperature and rapid boiling toughens beef.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 9 Serving size: 1 bowl = 375 g (137 g Soup + 79 g Corn + 71 g Beef + 88 g Vegetables)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Adding broccoli and corn to your usual bulalo increases the dish’ fiber and Vitamin A content.