Sweet and Sour ChickenAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 cups (400g) Chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. (1.3g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 pack (200g) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (50g) Green bell pepper, cubed
- Parsley, fresh (optional)
- SEASON. In a bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Mix well and set it aside for 5 minutes.
- COAT & FRY. Coat chicken with cornstarch. In a pan, heat oil. Fry chicken until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. Remove most of the oil in the same pan and leave just 2 Tbsps of oil. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- SIMMER. Pour SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce, water, and bell pepper. Simmer for a minute. Add the fried chicken and mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Optional to garnish with parsley. Serve.
You may coat chicken pieces with flour, then dip in beaten egg, and lastly coat in breadcrumbs for a thicker and crispier texture.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken breast is a good source of high quality Protein to build muscle mass.