Sweet and Sour PorkSARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Pork kasim, sliced into strips
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Pepper, ground
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Cornstarch
- 1 pc. (40g) Egg white
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 pack (200g) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (50g) Green bell pepper, sliced into cubes
- SEASON & MIX. To prepare the Fried Pork, combine pork, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add cornstarch and egg whites then mix well.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil, fry pork pieces until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. To cook Sweet and Sour sauce, heat oil in a saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- SIMMER. Add SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce and water. Bring to a simmer then add bell peppers. Stir then simmer for one (1) minute.
- SERVE. Add fried meat to the sauce. Mix well then serve while hot.
Cornstarch and egg whites help give a crispier fried pork!
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 4 Serving size: 1/2 cup (60g) pork, 1/3 (80g) cup sauce
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
You can add fruits such as pineapple, mango, or lychee to the Sweet and Sour Sauce to increase Vitamin C content of the dish that helps boost immunity.