Sweet and Sour PorkSARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Pork kasim, sliced into strips
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Pepper, ground
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Cornstarch
- 1 pc. (40g) Egg white
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 pack (200g) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (50g) Green bell pepper, sliced into cubes
- SEASON & MIX. To prepare the Fried Pork, combine pork, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add cornstarch and egg whites then mix well.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat oil, fry pork pieces until golden brown. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. To cook Sweet and Sour sauce, heat oil in a saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- SIMMER. Add SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce and water. Bring to a simmer then add bell peppers. Stir then simmer for one (1) minute.
- SERVE. Add fried meat to the sauce. Mix well then serve while hot.
Cornstarch and egg whites help give a crispier fried pork!
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
You can add fruits such as pineapple, mango, or lychee to the Sweet and Sour Sauce to increase Vitamin C content of the dish that helps boost immunity.