Thai-style Sweet and Sour Fried RiceSARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 0.4 kilo (400g) Chicken breast, diced
- 1/4 cup (40g) Red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (80g) Carrot, small diced
- 1/4 cup (40g) Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (80g) Pineapple, tidbits
- 4 cups (640g) Rice, cooked
- 1 pack (200g) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps. (7.5g) Salt
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Peanuts, toasted, crushed
- 2 Tbsps. (10g) Coriander, chopped
- 2 tsps. (6g) Sesame seeds, toasted
- STIR-FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté chicken until browned. Add onion and garlic then stir-fry until fragrant. Add carrots, green bell pepper, and pineapple. Stir-fry for a few minute then mix in the rice.
- MIX & SEASON. Pour SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce then season with salt. Mix well until each grain is coated with the sauce.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter then optional to garnish with peanuts, coriander, and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy.
Stir-frying the pineapple reduces its sourness and enhances its sweetness for a more desirable flavor.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pineapple is one of the rich sources of Manganese, a mineral which assists in strengthening the bones.