Tinolang ManokAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Cooking oil
- 4 teaspoons (20 g) Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) Ginger, crushed
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 kilo (500 g) Chicken, quartered
- 4 cups (1,000 ml) Water
- 2 cups (350 g) Papaya, unripe, biased cut
- 1 cup (20 g) Chili leaves
- 1/2 pack (5 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon (2.5 g) Peppercorn
- 5 teaspoons (25 ml) Fish sauce
- Sauté. In a wok, heat oil and sauté onion, ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add Chicken and sauté for 1-3 min.
- Boil. Add water and let it boil until meat is tender.
- Simmer. Add papaya and cook for another minute. Lower the fire, add chili leaves and simmer for a few seconds.
- Season. Season with AJI-NO-MOTO® and peppercorn. Add fish sauce to taste and mix well. Serve and enjoy.
Avoid buying chicken with a stiff meat or if it doesn’t spring back to its original shape when pressed with your finger. This means that the chicken is old and not fresh at all.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken is a good source of protein which is needed for muscle growth and repair.