Vegetable Okoy with Tuna Meal for KidsAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (200g) Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (25g) All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt, iodized
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. (1.2g) Baking powder
- 1/4 cup (65g) Cold water
- 2 pcs. (100g) Egg, beaten
- 2 cups (160g) Sweet potato, strips
- 1 1/2 cups (140g) Carrot, strips
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) Squash, strips
- 1 1/2 cups (107g) Mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup (200g) Canned tuna, drained
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- 2/3 cups (150g) Banana ketchup
- MIX. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, salt, AJI-NO-MOTO®, baking powder, water, and egg. Mix well until no more lumps. Add sweet potato, carrot, squash, mung bean sprouts, and tuna. Mix well.
- FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture then fry until golden brown and crispy on each side. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. To prepare Vegetable Okoy with Tuna meal for kids, assemble to a plate 2 pcs okoy, 1/2 cup rice, and 1 Tbsp. banana ketchup. Serve with 1 pc banana and 1 glass of water.
You may also use canned sardines instead of tuna.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 25 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: - 2 pcs Vegetable Okoy with Tuna (106g) - 1/2 cup rice (80g) - 1 pc banana (40g) - 1 glass water (250ml)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (μg)
Vitamin C (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tuna contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids that aids in brain development of children.