Sinampalukang Manok RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (75g) Onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Ginger, strips
- 1 cup (120g) Tomato, sliced
- 1 Kilo (1kg) Chicken, cut into serving size
- 4 cups (200g) Sampalok leaves and flowers
- 4 cups (1L) Water
- 10 tsps. (50g) Fish sauce
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (200g) Radish, sliced
- 1 cup (100g) String beans, 1 inch long
- 1 cup (45g) Sweet potato tops
- SAUTÉ. In a pot, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and chicken.
- BOIL. Add water and sampalok leaves and flowers. Let it boil until chicken becomes tender.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning.
- SIMMER. Add radish and string beans and cook for another 5 minutes. Add sweet potato tops and cook for 1 minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve while hot.
If tamarind leaves are not available, tamarind fruit can be used as a substitute.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 36% Original seasoning/condiment: 1/2 tsp. (3g) Salt, 1/2 cup (approx. 90ml) Fish sauce. Tamarind leaves are good sources of Vitamin A and C, calcium, iron, fiber and potassium.