Veggie Meatball SubAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 tsps. (10ml) Cooking oil
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Red onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) Garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups (700g) Red kidney beans, boiled, mashed
- 1/2 cup (120g) Mushroom, chopped
- 1/2 cup (45g) Oats
- 1 tsp. (1g) Dried oregano
- 1 tsp. (1g) Dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Tomato paste
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Sugar, white
- 1/2 tsp. (1.2g) Ground black pepper
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 large pc. (250g) Baguette, sliced into 6
- 5 Tbsps. (75g) Bolognese sauce
- 1/2 cup (30g) Cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsps. (5g) Parsely (optional), chopped
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add kidney beans, mushroom, and oats. Mix well.
- SEASON. Add oregano, basil, tomato paste, soy sauce, sugar, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well, cook for a few minutes, then set aside to cool.
- SHAPE & BAKE. Form mixture into meatballs. In a preheated oven at 175°C (350 °F), place the meatballs on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then bake for 20 minutes.
- ASSEMBLE & SERVE. Place the meatballs on to sliced baguettes then top with bolognese sauce, cheese, and parsley (optional). Serve and enjoy!
If you need 750g cooked kidney beans, weigh 375g raw kidney beans because kidney beans doubles its weight after boiling.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pair beans/legumes with grains to get all essential amino acids needed by the body. Just like this recipe, red kidney beans (legumes) are paired with baguette (bread made of wheat).