Eggplant KatsudonAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 4 pcs. (542g) Eggplant, butterfly-cut
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup (100g) Flour
- 2 pcs. (100g) Egg, beaten
- 1 cup (200g) Bread crumbs, panko
- 3/4 cup (200ml) Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1 cup (250ml) Vegetable Broth
- 1 pack (25ml) SARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning
- 4 Tbsps. (60g) Sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) White Onions, sliced
- 4 pcs. (200g) Egg, beaten
- 6 1/4 cups (1000g) Rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Spring onion (Scallions), sliced
- SEASON & COAT. In a bowl, add eggplant and AJI-GINISA®. Mix well then, coat the eggplants in flour. Next, dip onto the beaten eggs. Lastly, coat with breadcrumbs until fully covered.
- FRY. In a pan, heat oil. Fry coated eggplant on both sides until golden brown. Drain excess oil using a strainer or collander. Set aside.
- SIMMER. To make the broth mixture, in a saucepan, add vegetable broth, SARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning, and sugar. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Add onions and cook until soft.
- SIMMER. Add the cooked eggplant onto the broth, then pour the beaten eggs all over. Cover and let cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- SERVE. Put hot rice in a bowl. Cover with the eggplant katsu and egg mixture. Garnish with scallions. Serve and enjoy while hot.
To make homemade vegetable broth, in a casserole, simmer for 45 minutes 3 cups of water, 1/2 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cup of onion leaks, and 1 cup white onions for maximum flavor extraction.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Eggplant is a good source of Antioxidants (mainly Anthocyanins), which is mostly found in its skin, that aids in boosting immunity.