Arroz Caldo with TofuThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 1/2 cup (300 g) Chicken breast, boiled, shredded
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) Cooking Oil
- 2 pcs (120 g) Tokwa, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. (12 g) Ginger, sliced
- 1/4 cup (35 g) Red Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. (12 g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (170 g) Rice
- 2 cups (500 ml) Water
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15 g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- BOIL AND SHRED. In a pot, pour water and add the chicken. Let it boil until chicken becomes tender. Let the chicken cool enough to shred. Set aside the meat and stock.
- FRY. In a hot pan, pour oil then fry the tokwa until golden brown. Drain on a strainer and set aside.
- SAUTÉ. On the same pan, reduced the amount of oil. Sauté ginger, onion, garlic, and shredded chicken.
- BOIL. Add the rice and chicken stock. Cover the pot and let the rice cook. Stir occasionally.
- SEASON. Add The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix and saffron. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy.
For better frying, make sure to drain tofu well from the packing liquid.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu is rich in protein and is cholesterol-free as compared to other protein sources (e.g. meat). It is often used as meat substitute by vegans and vegetarians.