Beef Bulgogi Rice Ball RecipeSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup (150g) Beef, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5ml) Sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsps. (5g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5g) Sugar, brown
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 5 cups (800g) Rice, cooked
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5ml) Vinegar, cane
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/8 cup (15g) Onion, red, small dice
- 1 Tbsp. (1g) Spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) Carrot, small dice
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil, for brushing
- 8 pcs. (2g) Nori, strips
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Sesame seeds, white, toasted
- MARINATE. In a mixing bowl, combine beef, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, and soy sauce. Marinate for at least 1 hour. Set aside.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine rice and cane vinegar. Mix well until rice becomes sticky.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, spring onion, and carrot. Add the marinated beef, marinade, and SARSAYA® Oyster sauce. Let it cook slowly on low heat. Set aside.
- SHAPE. Brush a small bowl with 1/4 tsp. oil and make a layer of 1/4 cup of rice and then top with 2 Tbsps. beef mixture and then cover with another 1/4 cup of rice. Finally, wrap it on a cling wrap and form it into a ball shape using your hands. Repeat with all the mixtures.
- SERVE. Unwrap the rice balls then place it on a serving platter. Wrap a strip of nori sheet on one side of each rice ball. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy.
If cling film is not available, use bare but clean hands in forming the rice balls and wet your hands with water to prevent rice from sticking.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Rice is rich in Carbohydrates which gives energy to the body.