Beef Bulgogi Rice Ball RecipeSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup (150g) Beef, small thin slices
- 1/2 Tbsp. (6ml) Sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsps. (8g) Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7g) Sugar, brown
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Soy sauce
- 5 cups (800g0 Rice, cooked
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7g) Cane vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. (12ml) Cooking oil
- 1/8 cup (15g) Onion, red, small dice
- 1 Tbsp. (1g) Spring onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup (30g) Carrot, small dice
- 1 pack (30g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (24ml) Oil, for brushing
- 5 tsps. (2g) Nori sheets, small dice
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Sesame seeds, white, toasted
- MARINATE. In a mixing bowl, combine beef, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, and soy sauce. Marinate for at least 1 hour. Set aside.
- MIX. In a bowl, combine rice and cane vinegar. Mix well until rice becomes sticky.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil. Sauté onion, spring onion, and carrot. Add the marinated beef, marinade, and SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce. Let it cook slowly on low heat. Set aside.
- SHAPE. Brush a small bowl with 1/4 tsp oil and make a layer of 1/4 cup of rice and then top with 2 Tbsps of the beef mixture and then cover with another 1/4 cup of rice. Finally, wrap it on a cling wrap and form it into a ball shape using your hands. Repeat with all the mixtures.
- SERVE. Unwrap the rice balls then place it on a serving platter. Wrap a strip of nori sheet on one side of each rice ball. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy.
Slightly cool the cooked rice before forming the rice ball. If cling film is not available, use bare but clean hands in forming them. Wet your hands with water to prevent rice from sticking.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
This is a Korean-inspired low-fat snack worth trying out!