Beef Kaldereta (Laguna)AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 6 cups (1,500 ml) Water
- 1 Kilo (1,000 g) Lean beef, kaldereta cut
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (87.50 g) Potato, wedged
- 1/2 cup (66 g) Carrots, wedged
- 1/2 cup (65 g) Onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20 g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsps. (15 ml) Tomato paste
- 3/4 cup (187.50 ml) Tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Beef broth (from boiled meat)
- 2 Tbsps. (38 g) Peanut, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25 g) Ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 pack (5.5 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (30 g) Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup (30 g) Green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pc. (1 g) Labuyo, chopped
- Boil. In a pressure cooker with water add the beef. Tightly seal the pressure cooker and cook accordingly. Set side both meat and broth.
- Fry. In a hot pan, add oil and fry potato and carrots. Set aside.
- Sauté. In the same pan, sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add tomato paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add the meat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Boil. Add tomato sauce and 1 1/2 cups beef broth. Boil for one minute. Add peanuts and boil for one minute.
- Season. Add pepper, fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- Simmer. Add bell peppers and Labuyo. Simmer for 1 minute. Add potatoes and carrots.
- Serve. Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.
If pressure cooker is not available, cook the beef over medium fire at simmering temperature until desired tenderness is achieved.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 1 cup (170 g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is a good source of Iron, an essential element for blood production.