Beef Kaldereta (Laguna)AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 6 cups (1,500 ml) Water
- 1 Kilo (1,000 g) Lean beef, kaldereta cut
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (87.50 g) Potato, wedged
- 1/2 cup (66 g) Carrots, wedged
- 1/2 cup (65 g) Onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20 g) Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsps. (15 ml) Tomato paste
- 3/4 cup (187.50 ml) Tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Beef broth (from boiled meat)
- 2 Tbsps. (38 g) Peanut, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25 g) Ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsps. (30 ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 pack (5.5 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (30 g) Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup (30 g) Green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pc. (1 g) Labuyo, chopped
- Boil. In a pressure cooker with water add the beef. Tightly seal the pressure cooker and cook accordingly. Set side both meat and broth.
- Fry. In a hot pan, add oil and fry potato and carrots. Set aside.
- Sauté. In the same pan, sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add tomato paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add the meat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Boil. Add tomato sauce and 1 1/2 cups beef broth. Boil for one minute. Add peanuts and boil for one minute.
- Season. Add pepper, fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- Simmer. Add bell peppers and Labuyo. Simmer for 1 minute. Add potatoes and carrots.
- Serve. Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.
If pressure cooker is not available, cook the beef over medium fire at simmering temperature until desired tenderness is achieved.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is a good source of Iron, an essential element for blood production.