Beef Korma (Mindanao)AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
- 6 cups (1500ml) Water
- 1 Kilo (1000g) Beef camto (flank), adobo cut
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Atsuete seeds
- 1 cup (150g) Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (12g) Ginger, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, chopped
- 4 pcs. (1g) Coriander root, whole
- 2 stalks (25g) Lemongrass
- 3 pcs. (5g) Star anise
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Coconut cream
- 2 cups (500ml) Beef broth (from boiled beef)
- 1 tsp. (5g) Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. (5g) Paprika
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp. (0.63g) Pepper, black, ground
- 3/4 pack (7.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (200g) Potato, wedged
- BOIL. In a pressure cooker, add water and beef. Seal tightly and cook until meat is tender. Set aside both beef and broth.
- SAUTÉ. In a hot pan with oil, add atsuete to extract the color. Cook for a minute. Discard seeds. In the same pan, sauté onion, ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add coriander root, lemongrass and star anise. Saute for 1 minute. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes.
- BOIL. Add coconut cream and 2 cups beef broth. Stir to combine. Cover the pan and let it boil over medium fire.
- SEASON. Add turmeric powder, paprika, fish sauce, pepper and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- SIMMER. Add potatoes and let it simmer for 3 minutes or until desired sauce consistency is achieved.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Although it is healthy to trim fat from beef cuts, some of the outer layers of fat should not be removed until after the meat is cooked. The outer fat layer helps to seal in juices and keeps the meat tender.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 3/4 cup (112.50g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Coconut cream is a good source of healthy Fats that helps in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels when taken in moderated amounts.