Beef NilagaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 3.5 Liters (3500ml) Water
- 1 tsp. (2.3g) Peppercorns
- 1 cup (100g) Red onion, chopped
- 1 kilo (1000g) Beef shank, cut into serving pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (170g) Potato, peeled, sliced into wedges
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Cabbage, small, core removed, quartered
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- BOIL & SIMMER. In a casserole, combine water, peppercorn, onion, and beef. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30-40 minutes or until beef is tender.
- SIMMER. Add potato and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potato is tender. Add cabbage then mix well.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt. Mix well and simmer for 1 minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl. Serve and enjoy.
You can also use a pressure cooker (if available) to make the beef tender, it also cuts the cooking time by half.
Cooking Time: 60 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 1 slice (75g) beef, 3/4 (175ml) cup soup, 1/2 (42g) cup vegetables
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is a rich source of Iron that maintains healthy blood cells.