Beef PicadilloAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (75g) Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (170g) Tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (60g) Tomato paste
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Beef, ground
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Tomato sauce, no salt added
- 8 tsps. (40ml) Fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Pepper, ground, black
- 1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (120g) Potato, diced
- 1 cup (150g) Carrot, diced
- 2 Tbsps. (12g) Raisins
- SAUTÉ. In a hot pan with oil, sauté onion, garlic, tomato, and tomato paste. Add ground beef and continue cooking on medium fire until the fat starts to render. Add tomato sauce.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- SIMMER. Add potato, carrots and raisin. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve while hot.
Whenever using tomato paste, always have it sautéed first to ensure that it won’t make the dish taste too sour.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tomatoes and other tomato-based products are good sources of lycopene which helps in maintaining good heart health.