Beef PicadilloAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (75g) Onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (170g) Tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (60g) Tomato paste
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Beef, ground
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Tomato sauce, no salt added
- 8 tsps. (40ml) Fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Pepper, ground, black
- 1/2 pack (5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 cup (120g) Potato, diced
- 1 cup (150g) Carrot, diced
- 2 Tbsps. (12g) Raisins
- SAUTÉ. In a hot pan with oil, sauté onion, garlic, tomato, and tomato paste. Add ground beef and continue cooking on medium fire until the fat starts to render. Add tomato sauce.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- SIMMER. Add potato, carrots and raisin. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve while hot.
Whenever using tomato paste, always have it sautéed first to ensure that it won’t make the dish taste too sour.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 10 Serving size: 1/4 cup (85g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tomatoes and other tomato-based products are good sources of lycopene which helps in maintaining good heart health.