Poached eggs in Tomato Sauce (Shakshuka)AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Oil
- 3/4 cup (80g) Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (40g) Green bellpepper
- 2 tsps. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. (1.4g) Paprika, powder
- 1/4 tsp. (0.5g) Red pepper flakes
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/8 tsp. (1g) Black pepper, ground
- 6 pieces (400g) Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125g) Tomato sauce
- 6 pieces (330g) Eggs, large
- 1/4 cup (10g) Parsley, chopped
- SAUTE & SEASON. In a pan, heat oil then sauté onion, green bell pepper, and garlic until fragrant. Season with paprika, red pepper flakes, AJI-GINISA® and black pepper. Mix well.
- BOIL & SIMMER. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce in the pan, mix well. When it boils, lower the fire and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- ASSEMBLE & SIMMER. Create holes in the pan using a spatula then crack eggs in the holes. Cover the pan and simmer for 1 minute or until the eggs have set.
- SERVE. Transfer on a serving plate and sprinkle parsley all over. Serve and enjoy!
You can add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to balance out the tartness of the tomato.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 6 Serving size: 1 piece egg + 1/4 cup sauce (137.5g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tomato is rich in Lycopene, an antioxidant which helps reduce risks of developing heart diseases and cancer.