Tofu & Eggplant BistekSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Tofu, sliced
- 1/4 kilo (250g) Eggplant, sliced into half
- 1 cup (50g) Onion, white, sliced into rings
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Soy sauce
- 1 1/2 packs (45g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Calamansi juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Sugar, brown
- 1/16 tsp. (0.3g) Black pepper, ground
- 5 cups (800g) Rice, cooked
- FRY. Heat oil in a pan then fry tofu and eggplant until cooked. Drain excess oil using a colander then set aside.
- SAUTE. Remove excess oil in a pan and leave at least 1 tablespoon. Saute onion until translucent and set aside, then add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- SIMMER. Add water, soy sauce, SARSAYA®, calamansi, sugar, and pepper, let it simmer. Add fried tofu, eggplant, and sauteed onions then let it simmer for few minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer onto a serving plate then serve with rice. Enjoy!
Pat-dry tofu using a paper towel to avoid oil splatters while frying.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 3 slices tofu, 1/2 cup eggplant with onion & sauce, 1 cup rice (311g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Tofu is a great source of Calcium which makes our teeth and bones stronger.