Bistek with Eggplant & TokwaSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Calamansi juice
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Soy sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) Vegetable oil for frying
- 3 Tbsps. (45g) Garlic, minced
- 1 cup (200g) Eggplant, cut into 3×1 inch
- 1 cup (200g) Tokwa, cut into 3×1 inch
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) Vegetable oil
- 3 cups (300g) Onion, cut into rings
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Butter
- 1 pack (30ml) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Calamansi Juice
- 1/2 tsp. (3g) Pepper, black ground
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Water
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Cornstarch, diluted in
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Water
- MARINATE. In a bowl combine and mix well the beef, garlic, calamansi juice, and soy sauce and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- STIR-FRY. In a pan heat oil and stir – fry the garlic, eggplant, and tokwa until golden brown then set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a separate pan, heat oil then sauté onion rings until translucent then set aside. On the same pan add butter, cook the marinated beef, add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, calamansi juice, black pepper. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add water and let it simmer until tender then add the slurry while mixing to thicken the sauce. Stir -in the fried tokwa, eggplant, half sauteed onion rings.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving plate then serve and enjoy.
You can still use the excess marinade mixture before simmering the dish to enhance its overall taste.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 6 Serving size: 3/4 cups (132g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is a good source of Protein, Iron and Zinc which all help in growth and development.