Sweet and Sour Eggplant RecipeSARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 4 cups (500g) Eggplant, quartered
- 1/2 tsp. (2.30g) AJI-NO-MOTO ® Umami Seasoning
- 2 pcs. (100g) Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (80g) Cornstarch
- 2 cups (450ml) Cooking oil, for deep frying
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Cooking oil, for sautéing
- 1/4 cup (37g) Onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (120g) Bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (90g) Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 pack (200g) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tsp. (5g) Soy sauce
- SEASON. Sprinkle eggplant with AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning.
- DIP, DREDGE and FRY. Dip the seasoned eggplant in beaten eggs, then dredge in cornstarch and deep fry in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- STIR FRY. In a separate pan, add oil and stir-fry onion, bell pepper and carrots for a minute.
- SEASON. Add SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce and soy sauce. Add deep-fried eggplant. Mix and serve.
To achieve your tender and juicy eggplant, cook your eggplants within 1-2 minutes over medium fire to avoid overcooking.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 25 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 cup (90g) Sweet and Sour Eggplant
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Eggplants are rich in anthocyanin- an antioxidant that is believed to aid in ensuring good heart health! Pinggang Pinoy® Meal Suggestion: 1 cup rice 1 cup Sweet and Sour Eggplant 1 piece Fried Porkchop 1 piece banana 1 glass of water