Kalabasa Kwek-KwekAJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (120g) Squash, boiled, mashed
- 4 Tbsps. (36g) Flour, all-purpose
- 4 Tbsps. (36g) Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Water
- 1 pack (8g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 tsp. (0.6g) Black pepper, ground
- 40 pcs. (320g) Quail egg, hard-boiled, peeled
- 1/2 cup (60g) Flour, all-purpose
- 2 cups (500ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) Mayo-ketchup (optional)
- MIX. In a bowl, combine squash, flour, cornstarch, water, AJI-GINISA®, and black pepper until well incorporated.
- COAT & FRY. Coat the hard-boiled quail eggs with flour then dip in the squash mixture. In a pan with oil, fry the battered eggs until crispy. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander.
- SERVE. . Transfer to a plate. Optional to serve with SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce.
For a crispier coating, you may use pure cornstarch instead of the flour-cornstarch mixture. Cornstarch absorbs moisture from the food and expands, giving deep-fried foods a crispier coating.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Squash is a good source of Vitamin A that helps maintain normal vision.