Fried Bangus and Saluyot Salad (Jute Salad) RecipeAJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix, AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Cooking oil
- 1 pack (6 grams) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 6 pieces (350 grams) Bangus, sliced
- 2 cups (40 grams) Saluyot leaves (Jute Leaves), blanched
- 1 cup (60 grams) Onion, rings
- 2 cups (100 grams) Tomato, rings
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (12 grams) Sugar, brown
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- SEASON . the bangus wiith AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix.
- FRY. In a pan, heat oil and fry the seasoned bangus until golden brown. Set aside.
- BLANCH. Pour water in a pan and let it boil. Dip the jute leaves in boiling water for 10-30 seconds. Immediately drain the excess water and place on a plate.
- ASSEMBLE & SEASON. In a plate, mix jute leaves, tomatoes and onions. Season with AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix.
- ASSEMBLE. Serve Jute leaves with Fried Bangus while hot.
To maintain the vibrant color of your leafy greens after blanching, immediately dip the blanched vegetable in ice-cold water.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes Preparation: 20 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 piece (70 grams) Fried Bangus and 1 cup Saluyot Salad (90 grams)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (mg RE)
Niacin (mg NE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea : 1 cup rice, 1 slice Fried Bangus (70 grams), 1 cup Saluyot Salad, 1 piece Red Apple. Jute leaves are good sources of calcium, phosphorus, iron and potassium.