BopisAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 1/2 kilos (1500g) Pork lungs
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Pork heart
- 4 Liters (4000ml) Water
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Cooking oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsps. (30g) Ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (15g) Garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup (30g) Siling labuyo, minced
- 1/4 cup (60g) Carrot, minced
- 1/4 cup (60g) Green bell pepper, minced
- 6 Tbsps. (90ml) White vinegar
- 2 cups (500ml) Annatto water
- 4 pcs. (2g) Bay leaf
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
- 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
- 1 tsp. (1.1g) Ground black pepper
- 1 pack (10g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- BOIL. In a pot, combine pork lungs, heart, and water. Boil and cook for 20 minutes. Drain then let it cool. Slice the pork lungs and heart into small dices. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a casserole, heat oil. Sauté onion, ginger, and garlic until fragrant. Add the diced pork lungs and heart, siling labuyo, carrot, and bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- SIMMER. Add vinegar, annatto water, and bay leaf. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, salt, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!
To make annatto water, combine 1/2 cup (87g) of fresh annatto seeds and 2 cups of boiling water. Stir well until water turns red then remove the seeds.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Both pork lungs and heart contain Vitamin B12 that helps prevent anemia.