Bulanglang + Fried Chicken RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 4 cups (1 Liter) Rice washing
- 8 cloves (18 grams) Garlic, pounded
- 1 piece (24 grams) Ginger, pounded
- 3 pieces (150 grams) Tomato
- 2 pieces (50 grams) Smoked fish,flaked
- 2 1/2 tablespoon (75 mL) Fish sauce
- 1 pack (10 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 bunch (200 grams) Sitao, cut to 1 inch length
- 1 bunch (200 grams) Okra, cut to 1 inch length
- 1 bunch (140 grams) Alugbati leaves
- 8 stalks (50 grams) Malunggay leaves
- 1/2 Kilo (500 grams) Chicken
- 1/2 pack (32.50 grams) TASTY BOY® Breading Mix (Regular)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Cooking oil
- BOIL. To prepare Bulanglang, combine rice washing, garlic, ginger, tomato and smoked fish in a pot. Let it boil until tomato becomes soft to be pressed.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning. Mix well.
- BOIL. Add sitao and okra. Let it boil for 2 minutes. Add alugbati and malunggay and let it boil for 1 minute. Turn off heat then set aside.
- DREDGE & FRY. To cook fried chicken, first roll the chicken in TASTY BOY® Breading Mix (Regular). In a pan, heat oil. Fry the breaded chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SERVE. Transfer Bulanglang in a bowl and fried chicken on a plate. Serve and enjoy while hot.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 bowl (130 grams) Bulanglang and 1 piece (60 grams) Chicken
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (mg RE)
Niacin (mg NE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 1 cup rice, 1 bowl Bulanglang, 1 piece Fried Chicken, 1 piece Melon