Cabbage Roll RecipeAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 kilo (1000g) Cabbage, boiled drained
- 1/2 cup (109g) Shitake mushroom, soaked, sliced
- 1/4 cup (49g) Red onion, minced
- 1 cup (250g) Carrots, minced
- 1 cup (250g) Pork, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) Salt, rock
- 1 teaspoon (1g) Pepper
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) Fish sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Water
- BLANCH. In a stockpot add water and bring to a boil. Add cabbage to the boiling water for a few seconds and slowly remove from the water. Remove the core carefully to ensure that the leaves will not be damaged. Drain. Set aside.
- COMBINE. To make a meat mixture , get a bowl then add shiitake mushrooms, onions, carrots, ground pork, salt, pepper, and half pack of the 11 grams AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well then set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. In a plate, spread 1-2 layers of cabbage leaves, add at least 2 tablespoons of meat mixture . Fold the 2 sides and roll it up until it form a mini log. Repeat the process with all the mixtures.
- STEAM and SEASON. In a pan with water put the cabbage roll and cover. Add fish sauce and the remaining half pack of AJI-NO-MOTO®. Let it simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- SERVE. Remove from the steamer , place in a platter and serve hot.
When the cabbage leaves are small , place 2 leaves side by side, overlapping together to create a larger size of leaves. Put the meat mixture and roll carefully to avoid separation of small cabbage leaves while forming a cabbage logs.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 32% Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons Salt. Steaming helps in conserving the fiber, color, texture and flavor of vegetables. It retains valuable nutrients, vitamins & minerals in food.