Camote Tops Salad and Hard-Boiled EggAJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 5 bunches (270 grams) Camote Tops
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) Water
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) Salt
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) Sugar, brown
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) Onion, cubed
- 1 cup (130 grams) Tomato, cubed
- STEAM. Pour water in the steamer’s base and let it boil. Once the water is boiling, assemble the camote tops on the steamer and steam for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- MIX & BOIL. In a pan, mix water, vinegar, salt and AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix and sugar. Switch on your stove’s fire. Without stirring, let the mixture boil for 2 minutes. Let it cool and set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. In bowl, toss steamed camote tops, onions and tomatoes and pour the vinegar mixture. Assemble camote tops salad in a plate with rice and hard-boiled egg.
If steamer is not available, place the camote tops on a plate and put on top of the rice during the last 15 minutes of the rice-cooking process.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes Preparation: 10 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 cup (90 grams)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Vitamin A (m g RE)
Niacin (mg NE)
Vitamin C (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Meal Serving Idea: 1 cup Rice, 1 cup Camote Tops Salad, 1 piece Hard-boiled Egg, 1 piece Banana