Cansi & Puso (Rice Wrapped in Coconut Leaves)AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 2 Liters (2000ml) Water
- 200g Beef Bones
- 1 pc (350g) Beef Shank
- 2 cups (500g) Beef Brisket, cubed
- 1 tbsp (6g) Whole Peppercorns
- 5 pcs (40g) Lemon Grass Stalks, pounded
- 1 cup (170g) Batuan Fruit
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Achuete Oil (Heat achuete seeds in oil, remove seeds and use the oil)
- 6 bundles (180g) Pechay Tagalog
- 16 strips Coconut Leaves
- 4 liters (4000ml) Water
- 1 kilo Uncooked Rice
- BOIL. In a pressure cooker, boil water, beef bones, beef shank, beef brisket, whole peppercorns, lemon grass, and batuan fruit. Season the soup with AJI-NO-MOTO® and continue boiling for 1 hour.
- DISCARD and ADD. Discard lemongrass stalks and beef bones from the soup then add atchuete oil and pechay. Boil for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- BOIL and STEAM. To make puso, weave a diamond-shaped container for rice using coconut leaves. Fill 2/3 of the container with the rice. Submerge in boiling water for 30 minutes or until cooked. Remove from water and set aside.
- SERVE. Serve CANSI with PUSO and enjoy.
You can add other vegetables in this soupy dish such as potatoes, bananas, and other leafy vegetables.
Cooking Time: 80 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 1/2 cup meat, 1/4 cup vegetables, 1 cup soup, 1 cup rice
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is an excellent source of protein. It is also packed with Iron, Phosphorus, Zinc, and Vitamin B12.