Steamed Spareribs RecipeAJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 1 kilo (1000g) Pork spareribs, chopped
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1/2 pack (9g) AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 Tbsp. (6g) Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. (3g) Ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsps. (26ml) Cooking wine
- 2 Tbsps. (26ml) Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Sesame oil
- 2 tsps. (9g) Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (2g) Salt
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsps. (50g) Black beans, cooked
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Green onions, chopped
- MARINATE. In a bowl, add pork spareribs, AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix, garlic, ginger, cooking wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and salt. Mix well to fully coat meat then marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- MIX. Add cornstarch until ribs are coated then add black beans, stir well to distribute.
- STEAM. Transfer into a heat-proof shallow plate. Then, steam and cover for about 20-30 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- SERVE. Garnish with spring onions and enjoy!
Instead of using tausi (fermented black beans), you may use regular black beans that can be found at the market. You just need to boil it with water until cooked , remove from water and it’s ready to use.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Pork ribs supply significant amounts of iron and zinc, two nutrients you need to get from your diet. Both minerals play an important role in immunity, and iron also helps supply your cells and tissues with oxygen by carrying oxygen in your bloodstream.