Chicken AfritadaThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken, afritada-cut
- 1/2 cup (61.6g) All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (150g) Potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup (73.3g) Carrots, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (25g) Onion, minced
- 1/4 cup (28.8g) Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60g) Tomato paste
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 2 pcs. (0.5g) Bay leaf, crushed
- 2 Tbsps. (30g) Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (44.6g) Red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (44.6g) Green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsps. (10g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- DREDGE & FRY. Roll chicken pieces in flour. Set aside. In a pan, heat oil. Fry potatoes and carrots until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and then, fry chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove from the pan. Drain excess oil using strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ & SIMMER. In the remaining oil, sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add tomato paste, water, bay leaf, brown sugar, and fried chicken. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- SIMMER. Add fried potatoes and carrots, then simmer for 15 minutes. Add red and green bell pepper. Mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- SEASON. Add The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve and enjoy while hot.
Frying the potatoes, carrots, and chicken first gives an added flavor and better texture to the dish.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 8 Serving size: 2 pcs. (60g) Chicken, 1 cup (90g) vegetables
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken is a good source of Protein that promotes muscle and bone development.