French Onion SoupPORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 5 pcs. (812g) White Onion, thin slices
- 4 Tbsps. (80g) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Olive Oil
- 2 packs (16g) PORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups (500ml) Water2 cups (500ml) Water
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Dry Wine
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp. (2g) Dried Thyme
- 1 sprig. (1g) Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 Tbsp. (1g) Dried Oregano
- 3 cups (200g) Bread, sliced, toasted
- 2 cups (250g) Cheese, grated
- SAUTÉ & SEASON. In a pan, add onions, toss then add butter, and olive oil. Sauté the onions until softened for at least 15-20 minutes while stirring often.
- SEASON. Add PORKSAVOR®, and mix well.
- SIMMER. Add water, dry wine, all-purpose flour, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- TOAST. While the soup is simmering, in a separate pan toast the bread one by one until lightly brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove then set aside.
- SERVE. To serve, ladle soup into a serving cup and top with one toasted bread and grated cheese. Then place into the oven at 350° F or 175° C until cheese melts. Serve and enjoy.
Caramelizing the onions needed in this recipe will take at least 40 minutes. Caramelizing is a chemical process that occurs when the sugar in the onions reaches a certain temperature.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Onions are good sources of Vitamin C which is important for maintaining a healthy immune system.