Chicken and Veggie AdoboSARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 0.6 kilo (600g) Chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
- 6 Tbsps. (90ml) Cooking oil
- 2 cups (500ml) Water
- 4 Tbsps. (60ml) Vinegar
- 6 Tbsps. (60g) Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. (3g) Black peppercorn, whole
- 2 pcs. (2g) Bay leaf
- 2 packs (60g) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
- 3 cups (300g) String beans, cut into 2 inch length
- 5 cups (300g) Kangkong, leaves and stems
- . 1. MARINATE. In a bowl, combine chicken and soy sauce. Mix and marinate for 10 minutes.
- . 2. SEAR. In a pan, heat oil. Sear chicken on all sides until lightly browned.
- . 3. SIMMER. Add water, vinegar, garlic, pepper, and bay leaf. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- . 4. SEASON & SIMMER. Add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, mix well. Add string beans then cook for 2-3 minutes. Add kangkong then cook for 30 seconds.
- . 5. SERVE. Transfer adobo to a plate. Serve and enjoy with 1 1/2 cups of rice and 1 pc of banana.
Cook vegetables just a few minutes before turning off the heat to avoid overcooking the vegetables.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken breast contains the most Vitamin B3 or Niacin compared to other parts of the chicken. Niacin is important to convert nutrients into energy.