Chicken Breast MamiThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 4 cups (1000ml) Water
- 1/2 cup (100g) Chicken breast, whole and bone in
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (80g) Red onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
- 2 cups (350g) Carrots, strips
- 1 pack (200g) Pancit canton
- 3 cups (350g) Pechay Baguio, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. (1g) Ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. (8g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 3 pcs. (180g) Hard-boiled egg, halved
- BOIL. In a pot, pour water and add the chicken. Skim all scum that may surface. Let it boil until chicken becomes soft enough to be shredded by hand. Remove the chicken from the broth and allow it to cool down. Pull the meat from the bones and shred it by hand. Set aside both pulled chicken meat and broth.
- SAUTE. In a hot pan, pour oil and saute onion, garlic and chicken. Cook the chicken until it is slightly brown.
- BOIL. Add the broth and pancit canton. Let it boil until noodles are cooked. Add Pechay and let it simmer for a minute.
- SEASON. Add pepper and The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix. Mix well.
- ASSEMBLE and SERVE. To assemble scoop a serving of the mami then top with hard boiled egg and spring onions. Serve with 3 pcs bread and 1 pc banana.
To make hard-boiled eggs, cook eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes then immediately soak in ice cold water to avoid overcooking.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken breast is a good source of Niacin that supports brain function.