Chicken Breast TinolaThe Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 2 Tbsps. (24ml) Cooking oil
- 1 cup (100g) Red onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup (100g) Ginger, strips
- 1/2 cup (70g) Garlic, minced
- 1 kilo (1000g) Chicken breast, bone in, Tinola cut
- 1 Tbsp. (16ml) Fish sauce
- 10 cups (2625ml) Water
- 5 cups (800g) Unripe Papaya, wedges
- 3 cups (400g) Chayote, wedges
- 1 Tbsp. (15g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
- 1 tsp. (3g) Whole peppercorns
- 4 cups (110g) Chili leaves
- SAUTE. In a pot , heat oil, saute onions, ginger and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- SEAR. Add chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the chicken starts to change color and juices run clear. Stir occasionally. Season with fish sauce and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- BOIL & SIMMER. Add water and bring to a boil. Make sure to skim all scum that float on top. Add papaya and chayote and let it simmer for few minutes.
- SEASON. Add The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix and whole peppercorns. Mix well.
- SERVE. Add chili leaves and cook for one minute. Serve while hot with 2 cups of rice and 1 pc banana.
Sear the chicken pieces until lightly browned for better flavor.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Preparation: 15 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: -1 cup Chicken Breast Tinola (240g) -2 cups rice (320g) -1 pc banana (80g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Ascorbic Acid (mg)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Trim off the chicken skin before cooking the chicken to lower fat content of the dish.