Nilagang BakaAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 5 cups (1250 ml) Water
- 1/2 kilo (500 grams) Beef Shank, serving size
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) Onion, quartered
- 1 cup (70 grams) Potato, quartered
- 1/2 pack (5.5grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon (2.5 grams) Peppercorn
- 2 cups (100 grams) Pechay Tagalog. Sliced
- 1 stalk (20 grams) Onion leeks, sliced
- 5 teaspoons (25 ml) Fish sauce
- BOIL. In a pot, add water and beef. Boil the meat until tender. Add onion and potatoes.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO ® and peppercorns, mix well. Lower the fire.
- SIMMER. Add pechay and onion leeks. Cook for a minute. Add fish sauce to taste.
- SERVE . Serve and Enjoy.
If Nilaga is salty, put some more potato chunks in the pot. Let it simmer there for 15 minutes and remove them before serving. The potatoes’ purpose is to act as a “sponge” to sip the excess saltiness in your Nilagang Baka soup.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Beef is rich in Protein which is responsible in building and repairing muscles and tissues.