Kalabasa Soup with Ampalaya LeavesAJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 7 cups (1750g) Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60g) Onion, garden shallot bulb, sliced
- 2 cups (250g) Squash fruit, cubed
- 1/4 cup (60g) Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup (25g) Bittermelon leaves,well-cleaned
- 1 cup (120g) Chicken breast,boiled,flaked
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- 1tsp. (5g) Salt, coarse
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) Fish Sauce
- BOIL. Combine chicken broth, onion, and squash in a cooking pot. Bring to a boil. Lower the fire then add ampalaya leaves and chicken breast.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, salt, and fish sauce. Cook for another minute and then turn off the fire.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving plate, serve and enjoy.
The skin of the squash should be dull and matte. If it appears to be shiny, it could mean that the squash was picked too early.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Reduced sodium by 30% Original seasoning/condiment: 1 Tbsp. (approx. 14g) Salt. Squash contains high amounts of Beta-carotene and Lutein. Dietary lutein plays an important role in preventing the onset of cataracts and macular degeneration, which often leads to blindness.