Chicken Chops with GravyCRISPY FRY® Gravy Mix
- 1 slice (100g) Chicken breast fillet, butterfly-cut
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5ml) Soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Brown sugar
- pinch (0.15g) Ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. (3.75ml) Water
- 1/8 cup (15g) Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) Cooking oil
- 1/4 pack (5g) CRISPY FRY® Gravy Mix
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) Water
- 3/4 tsp. (1.2g) Parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 slice (4g) Lemon, sliced (optional)
- MARINATE. In a bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Mix and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- COAT. Splash 1 Tbsp. of water to the cornstarch then mix well until small clumps of cornstarch are formed. Coat the chicken pieces with the small clumps of cornstarch. This produces a crispier popcorn-like crust.
- PANFRY. In a pan with heated oil, fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil using a strainer or colander. Set aside.
- SIMMER. To prepare the gravy, combine CRISPY FRY® Gravy Mix and water in a saucepan. Let it simmer while stirring constantly until thickened.
- SERVE. Slice the chicken chops into serving pieces, transfer to a plate, then serve with CRISPY FRY® Gravy. Optional to garnish with parsley and lemon.
To make a butterfly-cut chicken, carefully slice the thickest part of the chicken lengthwise but not cutting all the way through, stopping at around 1cm from the end then open the chicken fillet like a book. For a more even chicken chop, pound the butterfly-cut chicken using a meat tenderizer or rolling pin. You may use a plastic bag to help avoid the chicken from sticking to the rolling pin.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken breast is rich in Protein which is essential for muscle growth and repair.