Healthy Rice PorridgePORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (50g) Blackwood ear mushroom
- 1 cup (250ml) Hot water
- 1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
- 1 block (100g) Tofu, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups (50g) Dried Dilis
- 1 cup (100g) Onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsps (30g) Ginger, sliced
- 5 Tbsps (75g) Garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500g) Carrots, cubed
- 2 cups (200g) Glutinous rice
- 10 cups (2.5 Liters) Water
- 8 Tbsps (120ml) Fish sauce
- 2 packs (16g) PORKSAVOR All-In-One Seasoning Mix
- 1 bunch (500g) Pechay Tagalog, chopped
- 6 pieces (360g) Hard-boiled egg
- 1/2 cup (20g) Spring onion, chopped
- REHYDRATE. Add blackwood ear mushroom in 1/4 cup of hot water. Let it sit for 15 minutes or until the mushroom is tender. Slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- FRY. In a hot pot, heat oil and fry tofu until golden brown. Once all tofu are done, fry dried anchovies. Drain excess oil from tofu and anchovies by placing them on a strainer or on a plate with paper napkin. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In the same pan, sauté onion, garlic, ginger and carrots. Add glutinous rice and sauté for 30 seconds. Add water and stir continuously until rice is cooked.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce and PORKSAVOR®.
- SIMMER. Add Pechay and simmer for 1 minute.
- ASSEMBLE AND SERVE. Scoop porridge into a bowl, top with tofu, hard-boiled egg, anchovies, blackwood ear mushroom and spring onions. Serve.
Adjust the quantity if water to use to suit your desired porridge consistency.
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
This porridge is a good source of iron which is important for oxygen distribution in the body. Adequate intake of iron prevents onset of fatigue and may improve physical performance.