Chicken HumbaSARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning
- 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
- 1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken drumstick
- 1/2 cup (110g) Red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. (24g) Garlic, minced
- 3 cups (750ml) Water
- 3 Tbsps. (45ml) Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Peppercorn, whole
- 2 pcs. (4g) Star anise
- 2 pcs. (2g) Bay leaf, dried
- 3 Tbsps. (45g) Brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. (7.5ml) SARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning
- 2 cups (500ml) Pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup (40g) Black beans (Tausi)
- SEAR. In a pot, heat oil. Sear chicken drumstick until light brown and fat is rendered. Set aside.
- SAUTÈ. In the same pot, sauté onion and garlic until aromatic. Add the chicken and stir. Add water.
- SEASON. Add soy sauce, peppercorn, star anise, bay leaf, brown sugar, and SARSAYA® Liquid Seasoning. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add pineapple juice and black beans. Cover and simmer for one (1) hour or until meat is tender. Remove the cover then simmer until sauce thickens.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve and enjoy.
Pineapple juice helps in tenderizing the meat.
Cooking Time: 70 minutes Preparation: 30 minutes Servings: 5 Serving size: 1 pc. chicken + 3/4 cup sauce (240g)
Calories per serving (kcal)
Dietary Fiber (g)
Good to Know Nutrition Facts
Chicken is a good source of Niacin that helps maintain a healthy skin.